Union Market Gift Guide
Union Market is just two blocks from Elevation and they have a plethora of pop-ups and artisans who’ve set up shop with unique goods and services. We ended up finding some excellent ideas for things to give (or get) this holiday season. So without further ado, here’s The Union Market Gift Guide…
Gifts For Coffee Lovers
So many coffee spots to choose from at Union Market, with each offering a unique gift idea for coffee lovers:
1. Cold brew coffee – Junius | Junius is a cold brew coffee company that popped up in Union Market just last month. You can buy a bottle or two of cold brew or gift a three- six- or twelve-month subscription to the coffee lover in your life.
2. Better Brewing At Home Class – Peregrine Espresso | Give the gift of knowledge: Peregrine Espresso’s Union Market location offers a course in the best manual brewing techniques as well as an espresso fundamentals class to help perfect the perfect cup of jo at home.
3. Fresh roast subscription – Wanderlust | Wanderlust is a micro roast DC-based coffee company that offers up batches of coffee straight to your doorstep, within days of roasting. Subscribe a friend, or grab a bag at Union Market.
Gifts For A Kick
Whether your boyfriend’s a budding mixologist or your mother-in-law enjoys sipping gin and tonics, Union Market has some truly unique gift options for cocktail fans…
4. Cocktail shaker – Salt & Sundry | The staple for any cocktail is a shaker, and Salt & Sundry carries a no frills, classic simple shaker to mix things up.
5. A bottle of wine, spirits, craft beer – Cordial Fine Wines & Spirits | If you’re in a time crunch or just can’t seem to find the perfect gift, grab a fine vintage or a small batch rum to spike the cider with. Cordial is Union Market’s spot for all of the above.
6. Original Formula tonic – True Tonics | A few small food and beverage startups have spawned at Union Market’s culinary incubator, Mess Hall. One brand is called True Tonics, and their mission is to bring original formula tonic back to the G&T. True Tonics claims, “once you taste what tonic syrup is truly meant to be, it’s hard to go back to commercial tonic.”
7. Scrappy’s Bitters – Salt & Sundry | Bitters are a great addition to any home bartender or mixologist’s arsenal. Salt & Sundry has a nice selection of bitters to choose from, and our favorites are the Scrappy’s gift sets so you get a nice variety of flavors to experiment with in your cocktails.
Gifts For Him
Some guys just have everything already, don’t they? Here are some solid ideas for the man in your life:
8. Lincoln Flask – Salt & Sundry | 4 ounces and 7 swigs ago, this fine flask caught our eye. This Lincoln flask from Salt & Sundry isn’t just a vessel for alcohol, it’s a work of art.
9. DC cutting board – Righteous Cheese | This bamboo cutting board from Righteous Cheese is a culinary conversation starter in the shape of our beloved district and will have you shouting “No taxation without pasteurization!”
10. Bacon – Red Apron Butchery | The Washington Post calls Red Apron a candy store for meat lovers. They’re right on the money. If you’re looking for gifts carnivores can enjoy, this is the place, so check out their selection of meats at Union Market, or grab a gift card!
11. Watanabe Pro Gyuto Knife – DC Sharp | DC Sharp has an excellent selection of high-quality knives to choose from, and we like the looks of this Japanese crafted blade. It’s like a kitchen katana. The best part about buying a knife at DC Sharp?: every knife comes with free sharpenings for life.
Gifts For Her
The gents don’t get to have all the fun. There’s a great selection of gifts for her:
12. Ceramic Mason Jar – Salt & Sundry | The mason jar has gone through many makeovers lately, from mugs to cocktail shakers made out of the classic capsule, but we like this ceramic version at Salt & Sundry the best. Great for storage, adding color as an apartment accessory, or simply drinking beverages!
13. Bamboo charcoal soap/Nourishing Lavender Milk – Follain | Follain (along with Mason Dixie Biscuit Co.) is the newest addition to Union Market, and a welcome one. Follain sells a thoughtfully curated collection of skin care, hair and cosmetic products. We couldn’t resist the black & white combination of the bamboo charcoal soap and the lavender milk from Farmaesthetics.
14. Nostalgic Wintertime Pack – Dolcezza Gelato | The winter months aren’t the first to come to mind when we think of great gelato weather, but Dolcezza has us reconsidering: they’re selling seasonal assortments of their tasty gelato like the Nostalgic Wintertime flavors: Pistachio Siciliano, Georgia Butter Pecan, Nocciola del Piemonte, and Peanut Butter Stracciatella. If you’re like Frosty and worried about melting, opt for the gift card.
15. Sydney Hale Co. Clementine & Clove Candle – Salt & Sundry | This is the last thing from Salt & Sundry, we swear! These Sydney Hale Co. candles are made right in DC’s backyard in Arlington, VA and Salt & Sundry has a stellar collection.
Gift For Those In A Hurry
If all of this sounds good, but you’re still not sure, load up a Union Market gift card and give the gift of a Saturday out at Union Market. The beauty of their gift card is that you’re able to spend it at a variety of places within the Market. If you’re going that route, you might as well catch a movie at the Angelika Film Pop-Up. And if you want more Union Market in your life, schedule an appointment to live close by!